TECHNICAL DATA SHEET
BRASIL PLUS 3000
Nutrition supplement formulated for the Beef Cattle industry
This proprietary formulation, a daily dose of BRASIL PLUS 3000 was calculated to be 240 parts per million, or one gallon per 4200 gallons of daily potable water intake. This level was based upon the micronutrient content of the product and laboratory studies of the effects of these micronutrients upon the health of the environment contained in the digestive system of ruminates.ECOSENSE 3000 was added to maintained water storage locations via batch treatment of reservoirs and storage tanks as well as via continuous injection into stream fed applications with a solar powered injection pump.No changes were made in the standard feed and health supplements deemed to be required by the herd during normal operations. There was some variability in this study such as range conditions, environmental temperature and daily potable water per cow intake. While it is known that these variables can make a considerable difference in the daily weight gain of “ free range” cattle and a moderate influence on feeder cattle, we believe the overall length of the study gives actual merit to the benefits of the use of the ECOSENSE 3000 nutrition supplement. The format of this report is to compare Angus cattle nutritional and overall health performance prior to the use of ECOSENSE 3000 to that performance during the use of ECOSENSE 3000.In the case of “feeder” calves, a 70 day feed cycle is observed based upon weather variability and marketing. “Feeder” calves are penned based upon size and weaning dates at an average weight of 480 to 600 pounds. The “feeders” are marketed at the end of this 70 day cycle at their natural weight at the time of marketing.
Over the past 15 years of using BRASIL PLUS 3000, the amount of sickness and loss of stock has noticeably decreased. We have seen an average loss due to non predator causes of an average of 18 % before we began using ECOSENSE 3000. Our weather conditions can range from an average of 85 degrees F in summer, to an average of 12 degrees F in winter. Highs in summer routinely reach 95 degrees F and in winter, can drop to -40 degrees F. We believe the health of the herd during our use of ECOSENSE 3000 is the main reason.
Heifers - Birth to Weaning
- Average time to weaning BEFORE BRASIL PLUS 3000 = 8 months
- Average time to weaning DURING BRASIL PLUS 3000 usage = 6.5 months
- Average weight of calves at birth BEFORE BRASIL PLUS = 65 pounds
- Average weight of calves at birth DURING ECOSENSE 3000 usage = 83 pounds
- Non-depredation losses of calves BEFORE BRASIL PLUS 3000 =18 %
- Non-depredation losses of calves DURING BRASIL PLUS 3000 = < 1 %
- Average weight of calves to weaning BEFORE BRASIL PLUS 3000 = 480 pounds
- Average weight of calves to weaning AFTER BRASIL PLUS 3000 usage = 565 pounds
Heifers – Weaning to Puberty
- Average time to puberty BEFORE BRASIL PLUS 3000 = 14 months
- Average time to puberty AFTER BRASIL PLUS 3000 usage = 12.5 months
- Average weight at puberty BEFORE BRASIL PLUS 3000 = 790 pounds
- Average weight at puberty AFTER BRASIL PLUS 3000 usage = 850 pounds
- Average time to first calve BEFORE BRASIL PLUS 3000 =2.9 years
- Average time to first calve AFTER BRASIL PLUS 3000 = 2.2 years
- Average weight at first calving BEFORE BRASIL PLUS 3000 = 1185 pounds
- Average weight at first calving AFTER BRASIL PLUS 3000 = 1290 pounds
- Remarks: The use of ECOSENSE 3000 has enabled the producer to more closely time the breeding of Heifers as actual yearlings, creating a natural yearly ( 365 days ) cycle of calves. Before the use of BRASIL PLUS 3000, almost half the herd first time calved as 3 year olds reducing their overall productive values.
- Average weight gain of “feeders” BEFORE BRASIL PLUS 3000 = 2.4 pounds per day
- Average weight gain of “feeders” DURING BRASIL PLUS 3000 = 3.5 pounds per day
- Average “feeder” weight entering the lot BEFORE BRASIL PLUS 3000 = 480 pounds
- Average “feeder” weight entering the lot DURING BRASIL PLUS 3000 = 565 pounds
- Average “feeder” weight to market BEFORE BRASIL PLUS 3000 = 648 pounds
- Average “feeder” weight to market DURING BRASIL PLUS 3000 usage = 810 pounds
- Average consumed feed per “feeder” BEFORE BRASIL PLUS 3000 = 24.5 lbs of feed/calve
- Average consumed feed per “feeder” DURING BRASIL PLUS 3000 = 21.35 lbs of feed/calve
- Average weight gain advantage DURING the use of BRASIL PLUS 3000 = 162 pounds/calve
- Average difference feed DURING use of BRASIL PLUS 3000 = 3.15 lbs less feed/calve per day
- Time to market advantage - about 45 days, during use of BRASIL PLUS 3000
* allows producers greater control cattle breeding/life cycle
* Superior health of animals-time to market increase by 45 days
* Weight gain of all feeders – animals adopt in cold or warm climate conditions
On Nutritional Product
- In August of 2018, we purchased 20 Black Angus cows along with their calves and a Black Angus bull. When purchased, the cows were 5 year olds and weighing 950 lbs. The calves were 2 months old, weighing 250 lbs. and still nursing. The cows are on 30 acres of land where they can graze on a sorgum-sudan grass.
- Starting September 1, 2018, 10 cows, 5 heifer calves and 5 steer calves, along with the bull were fenced on half of the 30 acres of land. The cows and calves combined are drinking 165 gallons of water per day. Therefore, 10 oz of the nutrition product is poured into their 330 gallon water tank every 2 days. These cows and calves have been on this product for 5 months now with positive results.
- The calves on the nutritional product naturally weaned themselves at 4 months of age weighing an average of 500 lbs. The calves not on the product are 7 months old and are occasionally seen nursing, although they graze and drink water as well.
- As of February 1, the cows on the product are weighing and average of 1250 lbs. while the other cows are only weighing 1050 lbs.
- The calves on the nutritional product weigh an average of 800 lbs., and the other calves are averaging 550 lbs.
- The bull has rotated from each side in order to breed back every cow. One cow that is not on the product aborted her pregnancy after one month of being bred. Every cow on the product is pregnant and healthy.
- We will continue our study with this set of cows and track their weight and to determine their average daily gain.